Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Recommended fuel pressure with my set-up:

  1. #1
    MINO
    Guest MINO's Avatar

    Question

    I have a GReddy GSR turbo running about 9lbs of boost with the following for fuel enrichment:
    310cc RC injectors
    Holley 255 fuel pump
    B&M FPR set at 52psi(vacuum) 61psi(no vacuum)
    My J&S reads 2 lights rich but the plugs look like I'm running lean. On full throttle top-end (6.5k and up) the J&S will pull almost 10? of timing out. Should I try to turn up the fuel?

    J&S is connected to the OE Knock Sensor and sensitivity is at 11o'clock. Should I turn it down?

    Mahalo.

    ------------------
    HAWAIIAN BUILT...BUT
    ...STUCK IN L.A.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member gsr355's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 1999
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I run the greddy turbo kit for my car, but only at 7.8 psi. My fuel pressures are about 40 psi with vac and 55 psi at full throttle. I think you're fuel pressures are too high. Running too rich my cause detonation too, right?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member rtype11's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    13
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    too rich may cause misfires but youre right the fuel is too high try about 7 - 8 lbs over stock, you have enough volume with the 255lph pump

  4. #4
    Inactive Member rtype11's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    13
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    forgot something, depends on whose injector but they may be getting slowed down by all the pressure and can open quickly enough, how many milliseconds do they open? then you are lean when coz fuel enters after the spark

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    MINO: Do you have a rising rate fuel pressure regulator in there to raise fuel pressure as boost goes up?

    Greg

  6. #6
    MINO
    Guest MINO's Avatar

    Post

    Greg,
    The kit doesn't include a FMU(rising rate). Scary...I have to depend on the FCU for reading boost conditions and richening the mix.

    I am planning on testing a checkvalve/rising rate set-up in the future. I have a feeling that set-up yields more power potential.

    ------------------
    HAWAIIAN BUILT...BUT
    ...STUCK IN L.A.

  7. #7
    MINO
    Guest MINO's Avatar

    Post

    gsr355,
    Did you remove the plate over the intake pipe? After I removed that plate my boost went up a pound.

    ------------------
    HAWAIIAN BUILT...BUT
    ...STUCK IN L.A.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •